Our unique Medical Weight Loss Program (MWLP) is developed by Dr Dagan and is based on medical scientific evidence that targets the root causes of obesity and weight gain. The Dagan will provide the treatment and guidance necessary to help the patients achieve weight loss and maintain it for life.
Medical weight loss is designed to help any individual with his or her specific weight loss goals, whether to lose 100 pounds or those last stubborn ten pounds. It is especially beneficial for those who have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher because it can reduce the risk of other serious medical conditions. The program is constructed using the patient’s metabolism and body composition (mainly fat percentage) as true indicators of weight loss progress.
- Our program starts before patient’s arrival at the office. An email with a link asking to the patient to register for an online MWLP questionnaire.
This will ask the patient about her/his medical history as it relates to weight, medications taken, and a variety of lifestyle questions. Providing this basic information will serve to increase our ability to personalize the program experience.
- When patient arrives at our office they will have their first body composition analysis (BCA) reading and blood pressure taken. The BCA scale will give a total breakdown of the percentages of fat, muscle, and water in the patient’s body as well as their resting metabolism. A report detailing the patient’s body composition, as well as how much weight he/she can expect to lose depending on the plan they choose to follow. This report will serve as a baseline reading against which the progress will be tracked.
- Dr Dagan will review the medical history, BCA results, and profile questionnaire and then will sit down to get to know the patient. This is the time to open up and discuss the patient’s weight loss goals and challenges, and what they truly want to get out of a weight loss plan.
- A personalized plan will be provided to the patient.
- Initial Consultation Visit will Include:
- Weight on special scale to determine: weight, water weight, Fat free mass, fat in % and weight, BMR and BMI.
- Vitals: Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, SPO2
- Review of History and Physical Exam.
- Diet Plan.
- Plan and scheduling of weekly visits, for testing consultation and needed tests.